Here, for the first time, I will admit that my know-it-all stance on peanut allergies has been tested. PeanutAllergy.com’s Facebook Page continues to teach me facts, offer advice, ask me thought-provoking questions and keep things interesting. So regardless of if you have allergies, take some time to expand your knowledge:
- almost half of annual ER visits are the result of peanut allergies (DailyRandomFacts.com reference)
- peanut oil can be used to create dynamite
- up to 20% of kids outgrow peanut allergies
- nearly half of kids with food allergies have been bullied (CNN reference)
- siblings of children who are allergic to peanuts are more likely to develop the allergy
Now, hopefully you’re inspired to go learn more.